What's Important This week? SEP 21 - SEP 25, 2020
- School pictures. School pictures will be pushed out to the Spring. Information and a schedule will be published as the spring draws closer.
- New Windows. You may have noticed that new windows have been installed in the Grade 4/Grade 5 wing of the building on the side facing the parking lot. This week construction will begin on the other side of the building.
Posted 9/21/2020 The Children’s Dental Network. Many children missed out on the school dental services they normally receive in the spring. The Children's Dental Network is working diligently to prepare for the 2020-21 school year so they can continue to provide dental services to children in the community without access to dental care. More information here If your child does not have access to dental care for any reason, please complete and sign the attached permission form and return it to school. We hope your child will receive treatment at school this year but we will contact you to make other arrangements if needed. Permission Form here
Announcing the DVS Book of the Year
"Ranger in Time"
by Kate Messner
Meet Ranger! He's a time-traveling golden retriever who has a nose for trouble . . . and always saves the day!
Ranger has been trained as a search-and-rescue dog, but can't officially pass the test because he's always getting distracted by squirrels during exercises. One day, he finds a mysterious first aid kit in the garden and is transported to the year 1850, where he meets a young boy named Sam Abbott. Sam's family is migrating west on the Oregon Trail, and soon after Ranger arrives he helps the boy save his little sister. Ranger thinks his job is done, but the Oregon Trail can be dangerous, and the Abbotts need Ranger's help more than they realize!
News for September 2020
- Posted 9/21/2020 DVS VIRTUAL Parent Information Night. Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 6:00pm - 7:15pm. Derry Village School will be hosting a virtual Parent Informational Night on Tuesday, September 29, 2020. General information about curriculum, classroom procedures, and expectations will be shared by your child’s teacher. Be on the lookout for a Zoom invitation from your child’s teacher. Two duplicate sessions will be held so that parents who have multiple children can “visit” the other classroom.
- Session #1 - 6:00pm - 6:30pm
- Session #2 - 6:45pm - 7:15pm
Our Unified Arts teachers, and our PACE teacher will also be available for you to visit their open Zoom sessions during the same times as above or as indicated. Please save the Zoom links below for your reference. Unified Arts - Zoom Link - Passcode: 61FMP0. PACE, Mrs. Dorothy Peters, 6:30-6:45pm - Zoom Link - Passcode: 887353
- Posted 9/14/2020 Masks. We are writing to inform you that a generous group of families and community members, organized by Lisa Hultgren, a longtime DCSD parent, have graciously conducted a mask drive to support the students and families of the Derry Cooperative School District. The group has been hard at work making masks for children who may be in need of an additional mask. We are most grateful for their incredible generosity and kindness. These masks will be given to students during the school day if they require a replacement mask and will also be distributed based on a first-come, first- served basis upon family request. If your child might be in need of a mask, please contact our Home to School Coordinators Lee Holder at email@example.com or Alicia Tripplet firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to our entire Derry community for your amazing support of the Derry Cooperative School District!
- Posted 9/7/2020 Pick Up Patrol. Last week Pick Up Patrol began. This system allows you to make dismissal changes for your child from your computer or mobile device or phone. If you would like to opt into the program complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfcEy1t949uYn-1yMQj8_n7N30RNkbzyizkUo8OoPJMc9vYIw/viewform
- Posted 9/7/2020 Returning Student Information Update
- Some helpful tips: Masks. Please make sure that your child's mask fits comfortably. Students whose masks are too tight pull on their ears and those too loose keep falling below their nose. Spending some time
- Library Books We are asking for the return of library books you may have at home. Many books were not returned after remote learning in the spring. If you have a library book at home you can send that in with your child or drop it off at the office.
- Grade 3 Chromebooks When Grade 3 students return to school on Monday, September 8, 2020 they are asked to return their Chromebook. Students will be reissued with a new Chromebook once the new ones that have been ordered are delivered to the School District.
News for October
News for November
News for December
News for January
News for February
News for March
News for April
News for May
News for June
NH Top TeachersPosted 1/8/2020
We are so happy to share that Grade 2 teacher Kelly Gagnon has been awarded one of five NH Top Teachers by Parenting NH Magazine.
Kelly Gagnon has been a classroom teacher since 2009, and has taught all 10 years in the Derry School District. She also has a Master’s degree in Reading and Writing.
Kelly says: “Working with my second grade students is such a gift. They inspire me to be the best I can be. In my classroom, I want my students to know that anything is possible and feel comfortable and able to try new experiences. I enjoy their smiles each day and I learn at least as much from them as they do from me. Every child is different and it is rewarding to see them grow as learners and individuals in their own unique, special ways.”