DVS Friday, April 3 Lucky Leprechaun's Update
This is Mr. McCallum and Mrs. Curren
It is time for Derry Village School’s Lucky Leprechaun’s Update
Well we have reached the end of another week. How did everyone do with remote learning? I bet you have earned a weekend off from school work. The best news I heard this week is that we will be getting April Vacation at the end of the month. That will be awesome.
Pledge of Allegiance
We will be holding a Neighborhood Car Parade Monday, April 6, 2020. Beginning at Derry Village School @ 3:15pm
The DVS staff misses you so much we are going to drive our cars through your neighborhood to say hello and tell you how much you mean to us. Hope you can come and wave to us and say hello.
Parade Route. A few things to note...
- Please recognize that the parade route will not include every street.
- You may have to make your way to the closest intersection.
- If you are outside, please practice safe distancing of at least 6 feet.
News and Updates
Playground Closed. In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 all DCSD school playgrounds are closed until further notice.
Kindergarten Registration. Please remember to go online and register for kindergarten for next year.
Kindergarten Screening - Postponed. At this time kindergarten screening has been postponed. The school district will update all incoming kindergarten students when we are able to reschedule.
Special Education “Opt In”. If you have a child who receives special education services, you should have received an email today. Attached to that is a form we are requesting you fill out regarding face to face video conferencing. Please go to your email and complete the form as soon as possible. If you did not receive an email and you should have, please contact Mr. McCallum or Mrs. Curren.
Town of Derry Food Services. Town of Derry Parks & Recreation compiled some additional food resources for individuals needing the support at this difficult time. Please don't hesitate to reach out and ask for help. The phone lines are open from 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday at (603) 432-6136 Click here for more information.
Where’s Lucky?. Great job this week playing along! Next week will bring a new set of riddles for you to solve. Stay tuned!
Mrs. Curren’s Joke. Q. Why did the student eat their homework? A. Because the teacher said it was a piece of cake!!!!!!
Sent to the Principal’s Office. Today we have an exciting new way to acknowledge students for their hard work over the week. We would like to introduce today “Sent to the Principal’s Office”. Being sent to the principal’s office is always a scary thing for a child because it implies that they did something wrong. Well, in the world of social distancing being sent to the principal’s office is a wonderful thing. We would like to acknowledge students who are doing amazing things in a remote learning environment. Teachers and other staff will send us names of students each week and at the end of the week we will announce the names. So for today we would like to shout out to the following students for the amazing way that they have taken on remote learning.
Have a great weekend. You are amazing. We miss you.
Remember to be kind to one another
Principal's Message 4/3/2020
Principal's Message 3/30/2020
Principal's Message 3/24/2020
Principal's Message 3/20/2020
- Posted 3/13/2020 There will be no school for students in the Derry Cooperative School District on Monday, March 16, 2020. (Letter to Derry School District Families re: COVID-19 - March 13, 2020)
- Posted 3/12/2020. Kindergarten Online Registration 2020-2021 and Preschool Online Registration 2020-2021 will be available on March 23, 2020.
- Posted 3/2/2020 School District Calendar 2020-2021
- Posted 1/21/2020 Informational Night for Budget & Tuition-Free Full-Day Kindergarten 2020 - 2021
- Posted 1/10/2020 Proposal for Tuition-Free Full-Day Kindergarten 2020-2021 (Brochure, Flyer)
- Posted 9/20/2019 PowerSchool Registration Reminder
- Posted 8/30/2019 Welcome Letter from Superintendent of Schools
- Posted 8/25/2019 AHERA Management Plan