Derry Public Library.
No one likes Mondays, but here at the Derry Public Library, we’re doing a lot to make it fun. Please share, if you can. Monday’s at the Library. Monday does not have to be mundane. Begin your week with stories and fun! The Derry Public Library has just what you need to start the week off right. Join us in the Children’s Room for story times! First, we have a Preschool Storytime at 10 am for children ages 3-5 years old
with their caregivers. Looking for something to do after lunch. Afternoon Storytime at 1pm for children ages 4-6 years old
and their caregivers is a perfect story time for an afternoon activity. These storytimes are filled with fun and excitement. Join us for a lively time of books, laughter and movement. We will sing silly songs, finagle finger plays, welcome puppet visitors and join in special activities! Also… No more fretting over homework! Are your kids struggling with homework? We've got you covered! Students from Pinkerton Academy's new club "Think Tank" will be available at the library to offer homework help for children ages 6-14. Homework Help will be on Mondays from 3:30-5 pm
. No registration is required-just drop on by when you need help with your homework!
We have put together a collection of websites that will help you with homework and projects or just to pass the time.
- Camp Wonderopolis. Camp Wonderopolis is a free online summer-learning resource fueled by the imagination and expertise of the National Center for Families Learning (NCFL). As an extension of Wonderopolis®, Camp is designed to pique both a child and adult’s natural curiosities about the world through Maker activities, 42 Wonder lessons, and lots more fun along the way. Counselors (parents and educators) can track a Camper’s or multiple Campers’ progress throughout the summer or school year — and even sign up to participate themselves!
- Starfall.com Starfall has been teaching children to read with phonics for well over a decade. Our systematic approach, in conjunction with audiovisual interactivity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL). Starfall is an educational alternative to other entertainment choices for children.
- ReadWriteThink Here at ReadWriteThink, our mission is to provide educators, parents, and after school professionals with access to the highest quality practices in reading and language arts instruction by offering the very best in free materials.
- NH Public TV Reading New Hampshire Public Television, New Hampshire’s only statewide locally owned and operated television network, engages minds, connects communities, and celebrates New Hampshire with programs that entertain, educate and enrich.
- MightyBook. (animated Books) Where children learn to read with stories, songs, games, cartoons, comics and more. MightyBook is the perfect place for children who enjoy books, music, art, games and puzzles. You’ll find hundreds of original stories and songs, plus scores of classic books, poems and children’s songs. Everything is illustrated, animated and read out loud. Complete lesson plans and quizzes are included with many of the books and songs. You can sample a few of them on our free pages. Hundreds more are available to subscribers, with no advertising.
- Bookadventure. Book Adventure is a fun, free way to motivate your child to read! Kids in grades K-8 can search for books, read them offline, come back to quiz on what they’ve read, and earn prizes for their reading success. Start your reading adventure below!
- International Children's Digital Library The mission of the International Children's Digital Library Foundation is to prepare children for life in an ethnically and culturally diverse world by building the world's largest online multicultural repository of children's literature.
- Story place StoryPlace came about to provide children with the virtual experience of going to the Library and participating in the same types of activities the Library offers at its physical locations. First launched in 2000, StoryPlace has been newly redesigned to present favorite stories and activities in a format compatible with desktop and mobile devices.
- Fable vision Library Fablevision is a company dedicated to helping all learners discover their true potential.
- Between the Lions The award-winning Between the Lions Web site offers tons of expert-approved games, stories, video clips, and activities—all aimed at reinforcing the literacy mission of the series. The games focus on a variety of educational areas, as do the video clips, which are taken from the shows. The stories—featuring everything from new books to old folk tales to original and classic yarns—introduce kids to a wide variety of storytelling methods and subject matters. Accompanying each story is a story-specific game to extend either the vocabulary or phonics found in the story itself.
- Into the Book. Into the Book is a multimedia package designed to improve elementary students' reading comprehension, as well as their ability to think and learn across the curriculum. Based on current research, the project focuses on eight learning strategies: using prior knowledge, making connections, questioning, visualizing, inferring, summarizing, evaluating and synthesizing.
- VocabularySpellingCity.com This site is dedicated to helping students, teachers, parent-teachers, and school systems. VocabularySpellingCity is an award-winning site with ongoing introduction of new features, many based on input from existing users. Our mission: efficient game-based study of literacy skills using any word list. Pearson Words Their Way® program provides educators with materials for K-5 instruction in phonics, vocabulary, spelling, language arts, and reading targeted in Common Core State Standards.
- The Letter Generator
- Informational Essay planner
- Free Writing Paper
- SpeakingBuddy A free educational software to help children improve reading, writing and basic maths skills.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- Figure This - Math Challenges
- BBC Schools ReviseWise Maths
- The Maths File GameShow
- Math Cats
- Visual Fractions
- Create A Graph
- Count Us In
- SpyGuys [Grade 6 Mathematics]
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project
- Primary Interactive
- BBC Schools ScienceClips
- The Science of Baseball
- Explore Butterflies
- Online Exhibits: The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Houghton Mifflin Education Place
- The Great Plant Escape
- Noble Prize Educational Games
- The Reconstructors
- Fantastic Contraption
- Science Museum
- National Geographic for Kids
- My Wonderful World - Tools for Adventure
- Animated Atlas
- Ben's Guide to US Government for Kids
- National Geographic Expeditions
- Netsmartz Kids
- The Art Institute of Chicago for Kids
- Mr. Picassohead
- Hands on Crafts
- Destination Modern Art
- The Illustrations of Maryn Roos
- Learn How to Draw Cartoons
- San Francisco Symphony | Tucson Symphony Orchestra
- Creating Music
- Tools for the Heart
- BBC Sport: Fun and Games
- The Stadium
- The Score on Stadium Nutrition
- Sports Academy
- Let's Move
- Lego Games
- Trading Card Maker
- Toy Theater
- I Know That
- Games That Make You Think
- Light Up Your Brain